Cyber security related issues are always in our minds.
This is because, according to Bloomberg, cyber security related issues cost companies around $400 Billion a year on average.
One of the simplest ways to cut down these losses in your business is to coach your staff to develop a safer behavior towards email communication.
Staff plays a vital rule regarding the security of your company, and individuals who are not educated enough about cyber threats are a heavy burden on the security of the company’s data.
That’s why it is of a tremendous importance to have them continuously up-to-date on the most effective procedures to have the company’s data on the safe side.
In an attempt to guard you and your company from the threats of cyber-attacks, here we present a list of tips that can contribute to safeguarding your business.
- Never open links or attachments from anonymous resources.
- Don’t reply to emails that request any change of passwords or require you to provide personal information — regardless how official the source may seem.
- Ensure that antivirus and anti-spy programs are updated on your PCs.
- Encrypt any emails that contain sensitive data before sending.
- Don’t use your company official email address to send and receive personal emails.
- Don’t just automatically keep on forwarding the company emails to a third-party email system.
- Create strict standards for company-related Mobile Device usage.
Mobile Devices are a very important tool in work, and with them comes another wave of cyber threats.
Making sure your staff have password-protected devices, encrypt the emails, and download approved security applications to help keep the mobile data safe is of an exceedingly high importance.
In the end, protecting your company and its data is your responsibility and should be your highest priority, and making the right decisions regarding that is one of the ways that set you apart from competition.